12 november 2012
Government decision on the development of the motor vehicle industry following Russia’s entry into the WTO
The above item was considered at a November 8, 2012 Government meeting. After being reviewed, it was decided:
1. To take into consideration the report by the Minister of Industry and Trade concerning this question.
2. For the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Economic Development and the Ministry of Finance, jointly with the federal executive authorities concerned, to:
- ensure the uninterrupted implementation of measures to support the motor vehicle industry aimed at adapting the industry to Russia’s membership in the World Trade Organisation. The results of the work are to be reported to the Government before April 15, 2013;
- monitor the motor vehicle industry to identify negative trends in the sector and, if necessary, submit the agreed upon proposals on response measures to the Government;
3. For the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Federal Tariffs Service, jointly with the federal executive authorities concerned, to ensure the effective recycling of surface transport vehicles to reduce the negative effect on the environment and to stimulate the renewal of the vehicle fleet with equipment that meets current technical and environmental requirements.
The results of the work are to be reported to the Government before April 15, 2013.