19 january 2009
Background material for the January 19, 2009 Government presidium meeting
At its January 19, 2009 meeting, the Presidium of the Government is planning to review the following issues:
1. The draft federal law On Introducing Amendments to the Federal Laws On State Pension Coverage and On State Civil Service in the Russian Federation
2. The draft federal law On Ratifying the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Belarus on the Transit of Goods between the Customs Services of Both States
On June 29, 2007, the Russian and Belarusian Governments signed an Agreement in Moscow on the Transit of Goods between the Customs Services of Both States, proceeding from Russian Government Executive Order No. 414-r dated April 7, 2007.
This agreement was concluded to simplify customs control over the transit of goods between the customs services of both countries, unifying the relevant procedures thereof, and sealing the status of all related documents.
The agreement also defines the mechanism for reciprocal measures to ensure compliance with customs legislation (payment of customs duties and tariffs), rights and responsibilities of individuals in charge of the transit of goods, and the order for levying and transferring customs debts between the customs services of both states.
The agreement about its implementation will take effect on the date of the latest written notification through diplomatic channels of the domestic procedures required for its validation.
The Republic of Belarus ratified the agreement on December 20, 2007.
Based on subparagraph "a", Item 1, Article 15 of the Federal Law On the International Treaties of the Russian Federation, dated July 15, 1995 No. 101-FZ, the agreement requires ratification because its norms establish rules that differ from those envisaged by Chapter 9 of the Customs Code of the Russian Federation, regarding the movement of goods and transport vehicles to the customs territory of the Russian Federation from the territory of bordering states with which customs control has been abolished.
3. The Signing of Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Cuba on Granting a State Loan to the latter
4. The Allocation to the Government of the Stavropol Territory of Budget Appropriations from the Russian Government's Emergency Reserve Fund
5. The Allocation to the Government of the Amur Region of State Housing Certificates for Citizens Deprived of Housing as a Result of Flooding in the City of Zeya and the Village of Ovsyanka (Zeya District, Amur Region) in July of 2007
January 18, 2009
* Press releases by the Department of Press Service and Information contain the materials submitted by the executive federal bodies for discussion by the Presidium of the Government of the Russian Federation.