Talks between Russia and Cuba
22 february 2013
Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev held talks with Chairman of the State Council and the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cuba Raul Castro, after which a number of documents were signed.
List of documents:
– Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Cuba on cooperation in exploring and using outer space for peaceful purposes;
–Memorandum of Understanding between the State Corporation Rosatom and the Nuclear Energy and Advanced Technology Agency of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment of the Republic of Cuba on cooperation in the spheres of nuclear medicine and manufacturing radioactive preparations for medical purposes;
– Option Agreement for supplying three AN-158 aircraft and an agreement of intent for supplying three Il-96-400 aircraft signed between Russia's Ilyushin Finance and Cuban Aviation Corporation;
– Agreement between the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment of the Republic of Cuba on cooperation in the sphere of hydrometeorology and environmental monitoring;
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Cuba on cooperation in the sphere of education;
– Memorandum of Cooperation between the Federal Archival Agency and the National Archives of Cuba;
– Protocol between the Federal Customs Service and the Ministry of International Trade and Foreign Investments of the Republic of Cuba on cooperation, information exchange and mutual assistance based on the Customs Union's unified tariff preference system;
– Agreement between the governments of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Cuba on terms and conditions of providing real property for the needs of the Russian Embassy in the Republic of Cuba, the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Havana, and the Embassy of the Republic of Cuba in the Russian Federation;
– The sides also initialled an agreement to settle the debt of the Republic of Cuba to the Russian Federation on loans issued by the Soviet Union.