20 september 2012
Background material for the Sept. 20, 2012 Government meeting
The following issues are scheduled for discussion at the government meeting on Sept. 20, 2012
1. Socio-economic development: Forecasts for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
The forecasts are based on changes in domestic and external conditions, foreign trade dynamics, global economic development trends, and the socio-economic development results for January-July 2012.
2. Draft federal law “On the Federal Budget for 2013 and the Planning Period of 2014-2015”
The proposed draft federal budget for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015 aims to ensure macroeconomic stability and a balanced, steady budget in the long term.
3. Draft guidelines for a unified state monetary and lending policy for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
The unified state monetary and lending policy's basic objectives meet the socio-economic development goals in the upcoming mid-term period.
4. Budget of the Federal Fund for Mandatory Health Insurance for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
The fund’s revenues are expected to reach 1.059 trillion roubles in 2013, 1.208 trillion roubles in 2014, and 1.442 trillion roubles in 2015. The fund’s budget in 2012 totalled 891.7 billion roubles.
5. Draft federal law “On Amending Article 1 of the Federal Law On the Minimum Size of Labour Remuneration”
The draft federal law “On Amending Article 1 of the Federal Law on the Minimum Size of Labour Remuneration” sets the MSLR at 5,205 roubles per month, or an increase of 12.9%.
6. Draft federal law “On Amending Certain Statutes of the Russian Federation Concerning Mandatory Pension Insurance”
The draft's adoption will yield additional Pension Fund budget revenues: 72.16 billion roubles in 2013; 308.58 billion roubles in 2014; and 388.12 billion roubles in 2015.
7. Budget of the Pension Fund for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
The revenues for 2013 are forecast at 6,343 trillion roubles. Of this figure, 5.761 trillion roubles will not be derived from sources to fund the savings segment of labour pensions. The respective figures for 2014 are 6.894 trillion roubles and 6.214 trillion roubles. For 2015, they are 7.787 trillion roubles and 6.995 trillion roubles.
8. Budget of the Social Insurance Fund for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
The fund’s budget provides for the following revenues: 590.3 billion roubles in 2013; 662.6 billion roubles in 2014; and, 719.8 billion roubles in 2015. In 2012, the figure is 579.6 billion roubles.
9. Insurance tariffs on mandatory social insurance against industrial accidents and occupational diseases for 2013 and the planning period of 2014-2015
Overall expenditures to meet commitments will total 76.1 billion roubles in 2013, 82.7 billion roubles in 2014, and 89.5 billion roubles in 2015.
10. Draft federal law “On Preparing and Holding the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and Amending Certain Statutes of the Russian Federation” The draft law aims to provide uniform legal grounds for government guarantees to hold the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
11. Draft federal law “On the Ratification of the Protocol Amending the Agreement Between the Russian Federation and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Taxes on Income and Capital”
The law's adoption will promote trade and economic relations between Russia and Luxembourg and create a favourable environment for entrepreneurial activity.
12. Approving the distribution for 2012 of inter-budgetary transfers from the federal budget to the budgets of entities of the Russian Federation to pay federal government scholarships to full-time students pursuing studies in basic educational programmes for primary and secondary occupational training
The Government has instituted 5,000 scholarships for students pursuing studies as part of state-accredited educational programmes for primary and secondary occupational training, which corresponds to the country's modernisation and technology priorities. They include:
1. 1,500 scholarships of 2,000 roubles per month each;
2. 3,500 scholarships of 4,000 roubles per month each.
13. Approving rules for granting and distributing in 2012 subsidies from the federal budget between the budgets of the entities of the Russian Federation for the purchase of natural-gas fuelled buses, tramcars, and trolleybuses manufactured on the territory of the member states of the Common Economic Space
The draft resolution's implementation will allow the entities of the Russian Federation to replace part of its transport fleet with environmentally safe vehicles.
Co-funding modern and efficient bus, trolleybus and street-car purchases will reduce running costs, create conditions for lower passenger tariff growth, and support transport manufacturers.
Sept. 19, 2012
* Press releases by the Department of Press Service and Information contain the materials submitted by the federal executive bodies for discussion by the Government of the Russian Federation.