26 july 2012
Materials for the July 26, 2012 government meeting (press release)
The following issues are planned for discussion at the July 26, 2012 government meeting:
1. Draft Federal Law on Education in the Russian Federation
The draft law is designed to improve legislation in the field of education and is a fundamental legal act in this sphere. It consolidates the foundations of legal regulation of this sphere and integrates both general and specific provisions (pre-school, general, secondary vocational and higher education).
2. Draft federal law On Introducing Amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation In Connection With the Adoption of the Federal Law On Education and Recognising Invalid Certain Legal Acts of the Russian Federation The draft provides for introducing amendments to more than a hundred federal laws. The majority of amendments made to legislative acts bring the terms used thereof in conformity with the notions and terms of the Draft Federal Law on Education.
3. Introducing monthly payment to families on the birth of the third and more children until they reach the age of three
Introduction of a monthly payment to families on the birth of the third and more children until they reach the age of three will allow regions to support families and create the conditions for increasing the birth rate.
The government plans to spend 5.9 billion roubles from the federal budget to co-finance this measure with the regions in 2013.
4. Draft federal law On Introducing Amendments to Articles 46 and 13 of the Federal Law on Mandatory Social Insurance in the Event of Temporary Disability and In Connection With Maternity
The draft is designed to expand the right of citizens to receiving state allowances in the event of temporary disability and in connection with maternity (pregnancy, childbirth and childcare allowances) through a territorial body of the Social Insurance Fund in case of the impossibility of establishing the location of the insurant and its property that may be claimed.
5. Draft federal law On Amending Article 934 of the Budget Code and Recognizing Invalid Certain Provisions of Legal Acts of the Russian Federation
6. Draft federal law On introducing amendments to the Draft Federal Law On the Procedure of Exit from Entry into the Russian Federation
The draft suggests granting an opportunity of applying for long-term visas to the representatives and employees of major foreign companies that invest in the Russian Federation, including those that are taking part in implementing the Skolkovo innovative centre project and the international financial centre in Russia.
7. Signing an agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Turkey on sites of Russian burials on the territory of the Republic of Turkey and sites of Turkish burials on the Territory of the Russian Federation
Implementation of the agreement would allow the sides to create a mechanism of cooperation for revealing and improving Russian burial sites in Turkey and Turkish burial sites in Russia. The agreement will also facilitate the continuation of work on restoring the Orthodox church (a resting place) with remains of Russian soldiers killed during the Russo-Turkish war in 1877-1878. The church located in Istanbul’s suburbs (San-Stefano) was blown up in 1914.
8. Submitting to the President of the Russian Federation for subsequent introduction for ratification the Agreement On the Foundations of Relations Between the Russian Federation and the Republic of El Salvador
The agreement is aimed at developing long-term mutually advantageous bilateral cooperation in the political, trade, economic, cultural and other spheres on the basis of universally recognised principles and norms of international law.
9. Submitting to the President of the Russian Federation for subsequent introduction for ratification the Agreement On Cooperation and Mutual Assistance of the Members of the Customs Union in Customs Procedures Pertaining to the Activities of Customs Offices in the Eurasian Economic Space.
Implementation of the agreement will ensure cooperation of customs services on the territory of the Customs Union and create the legal grounds for the stay and interaction of the employees of customs services of the Customs Union member-countries. The agreement also provides for establishing offices of the customs services on the territory of the Customs Union member-countries.
10. Abrogating the Council for the Development of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Industry under the Government of the Russian Federation
11. Recognising invalid certain acts of the Government of the Russian Federation
12. Introducing amendments to the rules of granting and distributing subsidies from the federal budget to the budgets of the regions for providing housing to orphans and children left without parental care and also children under guardianship without registered housing.
13. Endorsing distribution of subsidies from the federal budget to the budgets of the regions following the implementation, as of January 1, 2012, of regional relocation programmes that have been included into the state programme to facilitate the voluntary relocation of compatriots living abroad into the Russian Federation
The draft resolution provides for the endorsement of the distribution of subsidies amounting to 60 million roubles between 32 regions that carried out their relocation programmes in 2011.
July 25, 2012
* Press releases issued by the Press Service and Information Department contain materials submitted by federal executive bodies for discussion by the Government meeting.