Prime Minister Vladimir Putin meets with Vice President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela Elías Jaua Milano
8 december 2011
Transcript of the beginning of the meeting:
Vladimir Putin: Esteemed Mr Vice President! Esteemed friends! Good afternoon, we are very glad to see you in Moscow. Our countries’ relations are developing very intensively. Trade has increased ten times over from January to September. Absolute trade volumes have not yet met our potential, I am sure, but still it is a very significant trend. We have major joint projects that are being developed in various fields, making our relations more and more diversified. I am happy to see you. Send my best regards to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Elías Jaua Milano (via interpreter): Thank you, Mr Prime Minister. It is a great honour for me and my delegation to be received by you today. We would like to send President Chavez’s greetings to you. He asked me to do this personally, and to express our support to you and congratulate you on United Russia’s results in the recent elections. My colleague Mr Sechin and I are happy about the outcome of the meeting of the intergovernmental commission. Over the two days, our joint working groups expanded the spheres of bilateral cooperation. The visit helped further our trade relations. We also strengthened cooperation in the sphere of finance and in other projects that are progressing well. The meeting also advanced our military-technical cooperation. We are very grateful to you.
Vladimir Putin: Thanks.
* * *
The following documents were signed upon completion of the meeting between Vladimir Putin and Elias Jaua Milano:
- an agreement between the Russian Federation and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela for the establishment of a Moscow Popular Bank for Development;
- an agreement between the Russian Federation and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela for issuing a government loan to the government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela;
- an agreement between the Russian Housing Construction Fund and the Venezuelan Ministry of Housing and Living Conditions for the construction of 30,000 urban houses and social facilities in various regions of Venezuela under the Great Housing Mission of Venezuela programme;
- an agreement between the Russian Housing Construction Fund and the Venezuelan Ministry of Housing and Living Conditions for the establishment of joint ventures designed to promote the Great Housing Mission of Venezuela programme;
- a memorandum on the establishment of a joint venture.