Prime Minister Vladimir Putin arrived at the X International Investment Forum in Sochi and visited innovation project displays from various regions
16 september 2011
The prime minister saw projects from the Chechen Republic, Kabardino-Balkaria, Ingushetia and Adygea, among others.
North Ossetia presented a project for a Caucasian silicon company that plans to produce products related to solar energy. “Excellent,” the prime minister said after familiarising himself with the display. “People speak maliciously who do not understand the realities. The level of education in Ossetia is quite high, and this is a good basis for the company. This project is quite realisable.”
Dagestan presented a project to help develop its farm sector. The prime minister was shown a mock-up of a complex that combined a vegetable store, a sugar-beet store, several mills, including a flour mill and a formula-feed mill, and a logistical centre.
The Vologda Region displayed a project devoted to its participation in the world football championship, which will be held in Russia in 2018, along with a project called Uryupinsk, the Capital of Russian Provinces. The exhibition stands were decorated with feather shawls and there was a small tractor wrapped in the same shawls of white lace. “Beautiful!” the prime minister said. The idea behind the display was that international undertakings such as the International Investment Forum in Sochi could just as well be held in Russian provinces like Uryupinsk. The prime minister received an invitation to visit the city and was presented with a down hat, a pair of gloves and a scarf. “Are you competing with Orenburg?” he asked. “It’s they who are competing with us,” they replied.
The head of Vnesheconombank, Vladimir Dmitriyev, informed the prime minister about progress with the Rosa Khutor project. The exhibition stand of the Astrakhan Region contained a display devoted to the development of offshore oil fields in the northern part of the Caspian Sea. Vladimir Putin approached the control panel and turned a wheel installed on an improvised command bridge, which selected a field in an area on an electronic map, which flashed all data related to the field.
At the Sberbank exhibit the company's head, German Gref, showed the prime minister several projects at once, including A Bicycle Ride through Sberbank’s Corporate University, a Personal Finance Manager, and an automatic vendor of precious metal coins.
Rosneft President Eduard Khudainatov informed Vladimir Putin about the company’s remote monitoring system, which could supervise drilling as well as other processes. A map indicated Rosneft drilling sites, which dotted the area from Sakhalin to Krasnodar, along with a network of deliveries outside of Russia.
* * *
A number of documents were signed at the X International Investment Forum in the presence of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin
The list of documents signed:
- Agreement on cooperation between Ust-Luga Company JSC and Gulftainer Company Limited
- Memorandum on cooperation and interaction in implementing investment projects and initiatives between the Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects and the Russian Venture Company
- Memorandum on cooperation and interaction in implementing investment projects and initiatives between the Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects and the Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)
- Joint venture agreement between Northern Caucasus Resorts JSC and the French public holding Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
- Shareholders’ joint venture agreement in the area of healthcare between OJSC RT-Biotekhprom and General Electric
- Final joint venture agreement in the power area between Inter RAO UES, the United Engine-Building Corporation, and General Electric
- Memorandum of understanding between Northern Caucasus Resorts JSC, Korea Western Power Co., Ltd., and Chier Harbor Trading Korea Company
- Investment agreement between the Government of the Yaroslavl Region and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Credit agreement between the Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank) and JV Ford Sollers to finance a project envisaging an expanded production of Ford cars and motors in Russia
- South Stream Transport shareholders’ agreement between Gazprom, Eni S.p.A., EDF, and Wintershall Holding GmbH on the construction of the sea section of the South Stream project.